homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

hello, twenty

Photobucket

I'm no longer a teenager, and I really don't feel any different. Somewhere in the midst of just trying to make it to college, I grew up. I'm really not sure it ever happened, I don't feel old. (And really, I'm not.) I have, God willing, a long life ahead of me. It's just strange to think that I've already lived two decades. Twenty feels nice. Scary, but nice.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I'll probably have bad luck for that...

Photobucket
It's Betsey Johnson! Squee.

My family had a small party for me after we had our family Christmas on Friday. I really just wanted a cake. :) (See what I was saying about not being grown up? But does anyone outgrow the love of cake? I think not.)

On Sunday, I drove three hours to spend time with my boyfriend. We exchanged Christmas gifts. (The boy got me Nickel Creek's first two albums on vinyl. I almost died!) On Monday, we went up to Saint Louis. He took me to Chipotle, a comic shop, and a record shop. I bought a few records. We were going to go ice skating, but it was absolutely frigid, and I didn't wear a jacket. (I didn't think it would be so cold!) His family made me a super tasty birthday cookie. We spent the rest of the evening watching Star Wars Ep: III. He gave me my birthday present this morning--a beautiful necklace. I'll have to take a picture soon. It's perfectly me. He did well. :)


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

It was good to spend time with my family and loved ones at the start of a new year and a new chapter in my life. I didn't make any resolutions this year, but I am working on a "21 before 21" list, so stay tuned!

Happy belated New Year!
xo,
Katy

2 comments:

  1. It's so weird that you were here and then went to St. Louis on Monday, because me and my boyfriend did the same thing! Haha, how odd.

    Happy birthday (again). =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay.
    I cannot even begin to describe how jealous I am of your new Nickel Creek vinyl. But it's pretty jealous.
    O_O
    And I love your birthday outfit!
    Happy birthday to you: you truly deserve a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...