homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Friday, January 27, 2012

moving and sinus infections

I am no longer a Missouri resident. It's very bittersweet. As a child, my family visited Nashville often. I fell in love with this city at a young age. A huge part of my heart has always belonged here. However, as cliche as it sounds, you can take the girl out of the Ozarks, but you can't take the Ozarks out of the girl. Rolling landscapes, afternoons spent at the cabin, and trips to Silver Dollar City will all be sorely missed. I've traded a rugged, expansive landscape for city lights and concrete towers. Grass for pavement; a starry nighttime sky for an overcast one, illuminated by the lives of a million. Part of me longs for the solitude of the country, but my heart is happy here.

My dad has a nice apartment in a less-busy part of town. For being in the city, it's pretty peaceful out here. Much different than the hectic part of town my college is in. I'll still be living in the dorm, but it's nice to be "home" right now, even if home is still packed in boxes, even if I'll be sleeping on the couch tonight.

In other news, I have the worst sinus infection I have ever had. I've been a baby about it all week, to be honest. It feels more like the flu than anything. You know that pressure you get in your face with a normal sinus infection? Multiply that by 12, add in a headache, multiple toothaches, a jawache, and some crazy congestion and fatigue and you have me right now. I finally found a cold medicine I can take with my thyroid condition, though! Thank goodness I don't have to tough it out now. I'm going to sleep away the weekend so I can be good and ready to go on Monday. I had to miss quite a bit of class this past week, and I hate it. I never miss class. One professor was so concerned that I wasn't there that she emailed me to make sure I was okay. Yeah. 

Your picture once hung on my wall.
Now it’s under my bed, I let it fall.
Do you think I really cared at all?
After those weeks of unanswered calls?

The sticky tack is the only reminder.
I don’t take it down, though it would be kinder
To my heart and to my eyes
But this shouldn’t come as a surprise.

You don’t hold a soul, nor do I.
But this is not occasion to cry.
You have your dreams and I have mine.
And honestly? I’ll be just fine.

Well, I'm off to sleep.
xo,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...