Monday, October 29, 2012
Three years. same subject, different perspective.
The first--a whole new, wide, world before me.
The second--recovering from shattered dreams.
The third--learning to stand on my own two feet.
I love seeing my style progress, and I can't wait to see what next year's picture will represent in my life.
Sunday, October 28, 2012
In the past week I have:
- Been in four different states.
- Seen The Avett Brothers in concert.
- Gone to a high school football game (for the second time ever...)
- Completed another season of midterms
- Cuddled with a kitty.
- Driven over 18 hours. (Actually, that was in the past two days.)
Wednesday, October 17, 2012
Grey streets lined with the ancient bones
Of houses built so long ago.
Trees in the middle tinged with red
Leaves falling down upon my head.
Fall wind whips at my tangled hair,
October--sometimes too much to bear.
I see you slim frame walk along
The same paths my hands have drawn
In the shakiness of unmet grief--
Each thought captured by a falling leaf.
My mind sees this scene each night before
I lay my head upon my pillow.
I would love nothing more
Than to hear you say hello.
Tuesday, October 2, 2012
My family came this past weekend. It was a good way to kick off fall. Nothing signals the start of a cooler season quite like bonfires, s'mores made with burnt marshmallows and reeses cups, good conversation with family, and red flannel shirts. Of course, if your family is like mine and has terrible luck, the fire department might show up and put an end to your fall festivities. Whatever. It happens.
At the moment I:
- am sick. I'm off to the doctor as soon as I finish this post.
- am thankful I'm done with my infernal paper on Edward Taylor's infernal poetry. Infernal.
- am glad to see cooler weather.
- am freaking out about the fact that I turn 21 in precisely three months.
- am jamming out to some killer music.
I hope everyone is having a lovely fall thus far.
Posted by Katy at 2:11 PM