homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Summer Reading List/Easter

Reading is, quite possibly, my favorite thing to do. That and playing music. And writing. And taking pictures. And eating. And sleeping.

Well, you get the point.

I haven't had time to do any reading for fun since...August. (Well, I did have a brief stint over Christmas break.) Regardless, my reading time has been consumed with academic things. Once finals are over (next week! eep!) I'll finally have some time. So here is my list of books I hope to read over the summer.

1. Finish reading Immanuel's Veins by Ted Dekker. (I seriously have like 50 pages left.)

2. Finishing reading A Grief Observed by C. S. Lewis.

3. Re-read The Chronicles of Narnia by C. S. Lewis. (It's been a few years.)

4. Re-read The Lord of the Rings Trilogy by J. R. R. Tolkien. (Once again, it's been a while.)

5. Finish reading The Time Machine by H.G. Wells. (I need to procure a hard copy of this.)

6. 1984 by George Orwell

7. War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy (Yes. I'm serious. I've been wanting to read this for ages.)

8. The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck 

9. Dune by Frank Herbert

10. Last of the Mohicans by James Fenimore Cooper

11. Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde by Robert Lewis Stevenson

12. Crazy Love by Francis Chan


And, well, that's all I have so far. Twelve is my favorite number, so I figured that was a good stopping point. :) But I will be adding to the list as I discover/ am suggested more books. Because it will take me about a month and a half to read the books previously mentioned. 

I'm so glad that Easter is tomorrow! It's my favorite holiday by far. The hope that Christ's resurrection brings just...flabbergasts me. The whole thing does. That the Creator of the universe would want to die for silly old me is just...astounding. I stand in awe. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...