homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Friday, December 16, 2011

and so it concludes

Let me be sappy for a moment: finishing a book series is bittersweet.

Photobucket

I finished reading Inheritance by Christopher Paolini today, and I'm very, very sad. Growing up, Narnia and The Lord of the Rings were my favorite books. It was only natural that I fell in love with Eragon when it first released. Many people had qualms with that book, saying he ripped off Star Wars and The Lord of the Rings. (And I'll be honest--the movie was bad) But I didn't care at the time. I was lost in the world of Alagaesia.

Photobucket

The books only grew better as the story progressed. I do wish that they hadn't only been released every two years or so. I received Eldest for my fifteenth birthday. I had a bit of trouble remembering what had happened in books previous. Thankfully, a synopsis of the first three books was provided in Inheritance. 

Photobucket

Inheritance was beautifully written. All of the story-lines were wrapped up nicely. (Except for who Angela really was. I will always wonder.) It takes a hard look at what we truly desire in a leader. Good leaders can do evil things, and evil men can have good ideas. The entire saga does a fine job of illustrating the battle of good versus evil and shows that sometimes the line between the two is blurred.

So there is the first book off of my Christmas Break Reading List. It's a bittersweet end to a story I've been enthralled by for years. I'm going to miss Eragon, Saphira, Arya, and Roran. Orik, Nassuada, Murtagh, and all of the elves.

Thanks for letting me geek.
xo,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...