homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

giving things up

First off, I'm a Free Will Baptist, not Catholic. We don't observe Lent. However, the church I attended in high school encouraged our congregation to have a forty-day fast. I gave up fast food my junior year of high school.

Hardest thing ever.

I pretty much lived on fast food back then.

Just kidding. I still do. Sonic, ramen, and greek yogurt are my best friends. Moving on.


This year, I decided to give up something even harder. Facebook and Twitter.  Yes, I realize that it's kind of the "in" thing to give up, but it's honestly something that I think comes between God and I. So often I choose to aimlessly browse Facebook or tweet things that don't really matter when I could be using that time to dive in to His Word.

Yes I go to Bible college. Honestly, I think it's harder to have a good devotion when you're in an environment like this. The Bible starts to become a text book. It's not personal anymore, and that's a travesty.

So here's to forty days of having no idea what's going on in the outside world. Here's to more time devoted to my God, my writing, my art, and my friends. Here's to a positive change.


Photobucket 

xo,
Katy

P.S. I dyed my hair today. As you can see, in the above photo my hair has turned many lovely colors. Too many colors. It's now a nice shade of reddish brown. YAY.

P.P.S. I'll still be blogging. And I'll probably be on Tumblr every now and again. (link in my sidebar)

1 comment:

  1. I think your hair in that picture is on the list of my favorites, but I'm sure it looks great now, too.

    Good luck with giving up Facebook/Twitter. I was Lutheran for the majority of my childhood and Lent is a great experience.

    Also, as a random side note, you were in my dream last night. I'm not sure how this came about, but we had fun. We watched The Lion King.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...