homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Monday, March 26, 2012

authentic blogging

I had someone say to me last week "Your tweets sound nothing like you. Your blog doesn't either. You sound so...professional. Like you think before you write."  I think it might have been a compliment, but it got me thinking...

...my blog doesn't really reflect me. If you know me in real life, you know I'm a bit of a spaz. I'm dramatic. I'm sometimes funny and always awkward. I have a weird sense of humor. My life is random, and crazy things happen to me. One moment I might be sitting deep in thought, the next dancing for no reason.

At the same time, I struggle with things like being an introvert, or thinking I'm just too weird. I cry a lot about my mom. I'm often sick. Some days these things weigh me down more than I care to admit to even myself.

So here's to honest blogging. I'm done with the profession facade, because frankly, it's not me. I'm making major changes in my life, so why shouldn't my blog reflect that? Welcome to authenticity.


Photobucket xo, Katy

2 comments:

  1. I love this Katy! I've noticed this in myself as well and it's something I've really had to work on - write for yourself, for who you are and for the sake of honesty.

    You're going to be brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture is a nice touch. =) Honest blogging is seriously the best way to go. It's basically the whole idea behind my blog, which is why it's called "To Be Real." I don't know about you, but writing is one of my biggest therapies. And when you're honest in your writing, you can discover more about yourself.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...