homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Seaside Holiday (Part I)

There is nothing here but the satellites,
My growing fears and the falling night.

The needles droop on the weary trees.
There are no crops for you to see.

My hands reach for you in the heavy night;
They grasp at nothing in the fading light.

The fake flowers in your room are dead:
They watch me crying on your bed. 


I wish you were here.


Vacation has been lovely so far. The drive through the mountains was absolutely gorgeous, and we got to make a quick stop at Duke University. Did I mention I am a huge Duke Blue Devils fan? Well I am. Come basketball season, it's pretty much all I can think about.


Our day today was spent at the beach. It was great aside from 57 degree water (I thought it was July?) and these crazy biting black flies. I think I could be a beach bum. I truly do! All I'd need is a nice beach chair, a good book, and something cold to drink. I've taken a ton of pictures, but I'll wait to post them until the national when I'll have some down time.


The chapel at Duke!

Rainbow in the Smokies!

I also found a gorgeous picture of my sweet mom.

She was beautiful!


It's been somewhat hard being out here at her childhood home, but I think in the end it will be a good thing. I suppose it's all part of the grieving process!

I think a night walk on the beach sounds lovely. We'll see if I can talk my family in to it. :)

xo,
Katy

P.S.  I realize these are junky phone photos. My apologies. I'd like to put all of my nice photos in one post. So...be looking for that soon. :)

3 comments:

  1. i'm sorry for your loss. i feel kinda lost in this whole thing, how did she die, when did she die? I don't want to make you more upset but i feel like i'm missing a whole post about this. xoxo, kiley

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's alright! It happened three years ago. She passed away from a very aggressive form of cancer. You can read more about it under the page entitled "The Journey", if you want. I'm going to do a more thorough post soon.

    xo,
    Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, Katy! Hang in there! I can't imagine how hard it must be to do all this stuff! Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...