homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Letting Go.

Tonight, we will scatter my mother's ashes.

She passed away three years ago from a very aggressive form of cancer. I wish I could explain more, but adequate words still fail me. I hope tonight brings some kind of closure, but part of me knows it won't. Grief has become a part of my every day life. Time does not stop it, nor does it deaden the sharp pang that grips me. All time has done is decrease the frequency with which my heart turns over in utter agony at the thought of she's gone. And even though I cannot be rid of this grief, I am not without hope.

"And now, dear brothers and sisters, we want you to know what will happen to the believers who have died so you will not grieve like people who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and was raised to life again, we also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him the believers who have died." -1 Thessalonians 4:13-14.


I will see her again some day. In the bigger picture of eternity, this time without her will seem to be nothing.

I realize that this post is incredibly sad, so I'm going to go ahead and share the vacation photos I've taken so far.


 Duke University! Home of the ever-awesome Blue Devils.
 This is where basketball magic happens.




 My gorgeous sister and I.

 Awkward jumping shot. Notice the incredible ombre tan on my legs.











xo,
Katy

3 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...