homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Glorious, Glorious Day

Today has been incredible, even though a good bit of it was spent in a car.

I'm so glad to be back with my sister, who is my absolute best friend.
Note: this is from a year ago. My hair was super long. (for me, at least.)
After arriving, my sister and I went to get pedicures. It's like pulling teeth to get me into the massage chair. I am not a girly-girl. But my toes are now blue and sparkly, and I'll admit, it felt kind of nice to have my legs massaged. (Maybe pampering can be fun. I'm just not good at "relaxing." Or paying someone to paint my toes when I can do it myself for free.)

My father, sister, and I (I refuse to stop using the Oxford comma, by the way.) then had supper at my favorite chicken place. It's mostly frequented by hipsters, but the food is soooo incredibly good. Of course the conversation turned to my recent...changes in life. According to my father, I'm acting more like myself again. He also told me what boys I need to take on dates at the national next week. Awkward? Only a little. Likely to happen? Probably not, seeing as I am just friends with all of them. But it was a nice try.

We then went to a hip little ice cream place called Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams. I got the Buckeye State (peanut butter and chocolate) and Salted Caramel. Oh my word, it was pretty much the best ice cream I've ever had.

After church tomorrow we head off to North Carolina. I won't be blogging much. I'll have wifi at the beach, but I'd a whole lot rather sit and watch the waves than sit and watch a silly computer screen.

I hope all y'all have wonderful weeks. :)

xo,
Katy

Oh! Before I forget, I'm a finalist over at Little Somethings. Go vote for me, pretty please? :)

1 comment:

  1. oh man. that icecream sounds sooo good! dang it! now I want some. :)

    Megan
    oh and I voted for your picture (so pretty) over at Little Somethings! hope you win!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...