homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Common Men

God must love the common man, he made so many of them. - Abraham Lincoln. 

I was sitting in church this morning, feeling downtrodden. I must say, God was using the preacher's words to speak to my turbulent heart. But it is not the sermon that stuck with me, but a phrase that I found myself saying: I like average people best. I am quite certain that this did not come from my own mind, but that it was placed there by my Creator.

We can't all be in the forefront. What would be accomplished if we were all out on the front lines? Life requires behind the scenes leadership. Common, hard working people who do not require laud or praise, but are satisfied with doing a job for their Creator and for themselves.

I say all this because lately, I've been struggling with recognition: feeling like all my hard work has gone unnoticed and unappreciated. But I've also come to the realization that, if that is my goal, then my heart is in the wrong place. I should be content to work along quietly, content with myself for doing something I'm passionate about, and with the knowledge that my Creator is watching me as well, cheering me on.

Because after all, we are all common people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...