homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

thoughts on life at the moment

Photobucket

 It's funny how unfamiliar places can sometimes feel like home. Even though I'd never seen this house or laid in this bed until today, I'm totally at ease. Maybe it's because we ate pepper steak for dinner. I haven't eaten that since my mom passed. That one familiar food brought me back to her. And instead of sadness, for the first time in a long time, missing her brought joy.

I'm so thankful Thanksgiving break is here. I've been sick with a bad case of pneumonia for almost a week now. I managed to get out of bed yesterday and come with my sister and her husband to his parent's house. It's nice here. Peaceful. There's time for me to rest and procrastinate even longer on reading Last of the Mohicans. 

Thanksgiving is still hard. It might be even harder this year than it has been the past three, due to circumstances that I must keep to myself. My sister and I were talking about it earlier. Instead of just grieving one day, we must grieve two--the actual date my sweet mom passed (November 27) and the holiday on which she passed (Thanksgiving). Just keep my family in your prayers. This isn't an easy time for us. But I'm thankful for the healing another year will bring.

It's funny how when life grows heavier in some areas, others grow exponentially lighter. God has placed some really incredible friends in my life for this season, and I am so incredibly thankful.


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket 

xo,
Katy

1 comment:

  1. I saw your Last of Mohicans book picture on instagram! I've never read the book, but I've seen the movie. So good. Bloody in some (okay, maybe a lot) of cases, but good. :)

    I feel like out of all the blogs I follow, yours is the one that make me THINK the most. You've gone through a lot, but despite it all you've continued on and trusted the Lord. I will definitely be praying for you and your family. Best wishes. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...