homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Saturday, July 7, 2012

songs and books and such

I wish that you could see your little girl now,
Wish you could know the roads she's been down.
If you could hold her in your arms just one more time
She might know that everything's alright, everything's alright. 

***

Hey, how's it going?
It's been awhile
Since I've seen a smile
On your face.

Hey, heard he left you,
Took your keys,
And moved out of your place.

You say you want to be in water,
You say you're lying on the floor.
You say to throw you in the ocean.
At least then your body will be moving again. 

Hey, it's not easy
To put on foot
In front of the other one.

Hey, don't you know?
There's a love
That will save you from that gun.

You say that you want to be in water,
You say you're lying on the floor.
You say to throw you in the ocean.
At least then your body will be moving again. 

***
You said you'd marry me in the fading light.
You said you'd love me 'til your chest grew tight.
I thought I could trust those big, blue eyes.
Never thought I'd have to say goodbye.

Oh, you said "believe me!" 
But the time for believing is over.
How can I trust you when your
Heart's never sober?
You don't know how to love. 

You came back on a Saturday.
Said that you'd always feel this way.
How could I trust a word you said?
When they came from your messed-up head?

***
 You left in mid-October.
You said that it was over.
And I cried; said good-bye.
Don't you know that I'll be fine?
I'm just fine.

You said you didn't love her.
I thought I was wise cause I was older.
But I'm not. Can't you see
That your love meant everything to me?

Your not what you appear to be.
Your heart is not a symphony.
But it plays, anyway.
I feel sorry for the girl who walks your way. 

You left in mid-October.
I'm so glad that it's still over. 

***

I've been writing songs like a madwoman lately. I'm going to blame it on really only listening to angsty singer-songwriter music for the past few weeks. I've always preferred writing songs over poems. Meter takes priority over rhyme. I write my melodies on the piano, then write words to fit. It just works better for me that way. Now I just have to convince my sister, Jessica, to sing them. She's got an incredible voice. And I'm not just saying that because she's my sister. :)

In other news, I've read 4.5 books in the last week-and-a-half. The Perks of Being a Wallflower, and the first three Harry Potter books. (I'm part-way through the fourth.) Yes, I'm just now reading them. I wasn't allowed to read them as a kid. Not so much because my parents thought they were evil (I was allowed--encouraged, even--to read The Hobbit, The Chronicles of Narnia, and The Lord of the Rings) but because the rest of the Christian community was decrying them and I was a preacher's kid.

Anyway, at the insistence of a friend, I joined Pottermore. To my dismay, I was sorted into Hufflepuff. I wasn't to keen on this at first, but after realizing how few people seem to get sorted into that house, I decided it was okay. I've always (somewhat annoyingly, I presume) prided myself on being unique. So, that's that. ;)

I'm off to spend the evening with a sweet friend. :)
xo,
Katy

P.S. I feel like my writing has been weird and disjointed lately. Hrmph.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...