homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

all that is gold does not glitter

Photobucket

This is one of my all-time favorite Tolkien quotes. I needed a new phone case, and was browsing around on Society6. I found a super cute one with this quote. But as always the "those" was left out. If you're going to quote someone, at least do it properly. So I made this. And it's now on Soceity6. AND it's available as an iPhone case. ;) Just click "store" in my banner to head to my Society6 store.

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king
J.R.R. Tolkien
xo,katy



3 comments:

  1. Ugh how could they mess up such a beautiful quote! silly people.

    i really like your graphics. :)) and of course, tolkien is a favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how aware of this you are, but we have this weird psychic connection. I was seriously just pondering this quote today, just out of the blue.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...