homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Monday, July 30, 2012

cha cha cha

Photobucket

During the summer, there's big band dancing at the Parthenon every Saturday here in Nashville. My dear friend and former roommate, Brittani, texted me a few days before and asked if I wanted to go. I was a bit apprehensive because I hadn't done much dancing aside from a few years of ballet as a kid and a bit of ballroom dancing for the production of Cinderella I was in a few years ago. 

We arrived about an hour late (neither of us are very punctual...) and stood around for a bit. After a few songs, they divided up the guys and gals on separate sides of the pavilion and taught us to cha cha cha. Then, they gave us ten seconds to find a partner. Apprehensive much? It ended up being a good night. There were all kinds of people there--families with small kids, elderly couples, and plenty of people my age. I also learned to swing dance, which is my favorite thus far! It was fun doing something totally out of the realm of things I would ever consider doing.

After we danced, we went by the Starbucks where Brittani works and got some iced passion teas. While I was waiting on Brittani, a man approached me and asked if I could help him with his English. I obliged, since there were quite a few people milling around. Turns out he is a Christian! He was working on a missions website and wanted to make sure his grammar was correct. It was such a cool coincidence since I'm currently working towards my B.A. in English, and plan on teaching overseas!

I hope everyone had a lovely weekend! (Yes, I know it's Monday. I have a three-day weekend. ;) )

xo,
Katy

Anyway, it was a great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...