homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Sunday, November 13, 2011

paper season

I'm going to make a radical statement: paper season is worse than finals. 

I love to write. I love to research. But everything is due this week. Everything. I should be researching my New Testament paper right now, but the library is closed on Sundays, and I don't happen to have a commentary on Ephesians around anywhere. I have to pick about five verses or so from Romans-Revelation and write an eight page paper on them. I've written a grand total of zero. But hey, I have part of my research on historical context done, so I'm not completely behind.

Because everyone cares about that paper, right? Did I mention my computer also downloaded a malicious virus? I was going to take a nap, but it looks like my afternoon will be full of virus removal. Thankfully, I'm a nerd and have a back up laptop.

All of this explains why I haven't blogged at all lately. I've been too hair brained and stressed out to even function properly.

I've had a very clumsy week. Wouldn't you like to hear about that? I thought so.

First off, we played society volleyball on Wednesday. I played on a team for three years in middle school and high school, so I got to play quite a bit. Unfortunately I hurt my wrist because I hadn't played in so long. On Friday, I decided it would be a good idea to ride a tandem bike. I fell off and bruised my left knee and my right foot. Last night, my sister had a bonfire. An ember flew up and hit me in the back of my head, singeing off a nickel sized patch of my hair. (Thankfully, I have thick hair so you can't see it.) Then I jammed my finger on my steering wheel getting into my car. (Now that takes talent.)

I was going to wear high heels to church this morning, but decided against it. I don't need a sprained ankle as well. :)

Despite all of the papers and tests and clumsiness, it was a decent week. God has been speaking to me a lot lately. He's really been reaffirming my call to the mission field. I have a lot of praying to do.
Photobucket
I look like a vampire in this picture.
I've been listening to this a lot. Its lovely.





It's probably one of my favorite hymns. This arrangement is beautiful.

xo,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...