homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Sunday, January 6, 2013

surprisingly, i lived to be twenty-one

Photobucket 

I am now twenty-one years old. I have been for a few days now, though I feel no older. I am not the same person I was last year, but that is for reasons other than adding a one to the end of twenty. 


Photobucket

I spent my actual birthday day in Atlanta at Passion 2013. That, in itself, was a life altering experience and another blog post all together. I'm still processing everything I learned and the ways my heart has changed. There honestly wasn't a better way to spend the day than worshiping with my friends and getting to hear Francis Chan speak. I also got to act like a total idiot and say afterwards "it's okay cuz it's my birthday!" My favorite moment of the day? When my friends started singing Happy Birthday and I joined in singing before I realized what was going on. It's okay, it was my birthday.

Photobucket 

On saturday night, I finally got to celebrate Christmas and my birthday with my family. We ate at my favorite restaurant, Rosepepper, and opened presents and ate cake. I received The Complete Tales and Poems of Edgar Allen Poe, a collector's edition of The Hobbit, a box set of the Little House series, as well as lots of fun candy (including bacon candy canes and a Christmas ornament shaped like grilled cheese.) I appreciate my family recognizing just how quirky I am. ;)


Photobucket 

I can honestly say that the older I get, the younger I feel. And with that, I leave you a playlist, cuz it's my birthday!

 
xo, Katy

P.S. Look for a 21 before 22 list coming very soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...