homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Emmanuel

basically where i spent my childhood.

When asked as a kid what my favorite Christmas song was, I would always respond with "O Come, O Come, Emmanuel." I obviously didn't understand the full gravity of the lyrics, but I loved the melody. Something about it felt cold and haunting to me. Christmas for most people is hot chocolate and warm fires. For me, it's bare branches and drifting snowflakes. Though the tune of "Emmanuel" is melancholy, its lyrics are full of hope for the coming Messiah. The Israelites waited for His first advent, I am waiting patiently for His second. Photobucket So, here's a playlist with some of my favorite versions of the song.

 xo, Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...