homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Thursday, September 6, 2012

oh hey, september!

Photobucket PhotobucketI love McKay's! Coffee. Always. Photobucket 


Can I be honest? The past couple of days have been rough.

First, I went to the doctor last week. She doubled the dose of one of my medications. Normally, I don't have any problem with side effects. But man. This medicine has done me in. I've averaged about four hours of sleep a night, and I've been super nauseated. Of course, I also seem to be suffering from some of the rarer side effects--I can't stop shaking, and I got a bad nosebleed at work today. I know it'll all go away in a few weeks, but meanwhile, it's a pain in the rear.

Second, I've had to drop Spanish. I just don't have time. I had a total breakdown over it today. I'm already 100+ pages behind in my Early American Lit class, and I'm really struggling with my Math Concepts class. (I'm seriously right-brained, y'all.) I have a lot of leadership responsibilities this year that I can't neglect. So, to maintain my sanity, I had to drop Spanish. The bad thing about that is this: I'll either have to stay in school an extra year, or I'll have to take summer classes and give up the mission trip to Mongolia for which I was applying. I know from the surface it looks like a lose-lose situation. I feel like a quitter and a failure. But I know my limits, and I know it's too much. I also know God has a plan in all of this. You'd think I'd have learned by now to stop making my own plans. Clearly, He has bigger and better things in mind. It's just hard to let a dream go. It really is. But what do I know? My mind is finite.

Thankfully, all was not lost today. I went to see Nashville's Shakespeare in the Park. They did a musical adaption of Much Ado About Nothing set in the 1940s. I'm currently reading Act IV of Much Ado. Obviously, this production was a bit off the beaten path, but it was wonderful. An iced pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks didn't hurt my night, either.

Anyway, that's just a quick update. Tomorrow is block party! I'm super excited for it, and for rush week! I'm really hoping we get some good, solid girls for The Christina Rossetti Society.

xo,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...