homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Sunday, May 13, 2012

a bittersweet day

Today is Mother's Day. It's a very bittersweet day for me.

Bitter: The pain of losing my mom at sixteen hasn't really gone away.
Sweet: I'm thankful I didn't lose her any younger...I was capable of taking care of myself.

Bitter: She won't get to see me graduate college, start a family, or have kids.
Sweet: I'm absolutely certain she's part of the "great cloud of witnesses" that's watching. I know she's proud of me.

Bitter: I can't just call my mom up and talk to her when I need advice or someone to talk to.
Sweet: I have godly women in my life that I can go to, who can give me sound advice.

Bitter: I lost my best friend.
Sweet: Though that hole will never be filled, God has given me some incredible friends and family to help fill that void.

I just want to say a HUGE thank you to those of you that have been praying for me. Your sweet texts and messages made today a little easier. <3



xo,
Katy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...