homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

A Southern Soiree

 photo IMG_7866_zpsff2fc35b.jpg  photo IMG_9466_zpse60d7225.jpg  photo IMG_8010_zps788440e0.jpg  photo IMG_9845_zpsd0206d69.jpg  photo IMG_6753_zpsa813f063.jpg  photo IMG_3397_zpsf97d6aa9.jpg  photo IMG_2204_zps071b4e49.jpg 

Spring evenings in the South are pleasant. It isn't stifling hot yet, and when the sun finally sets, it's warm enough for a small fire. These evenings are made better by sundresses and jean jackets, sweet tea out of mason jars, and the laughter of close friends. Junior/Senior this year was absolutely perfect. We ate. We laughed. We took pictures. But it was also bittersweet. Many of my close friends are graduating, and things are changing fast.

Junior year has flown by. It's been the hardest year I've experienced academically, but it's also been the best. I've finally found my niche in my program, and a year from now, I'll walk across our auditorium stage and be handed a piece of paper. A piece of paper signifying I've earned a B.A. in English, Theological Studies, and Music. A piece of paper signifying four years of hard work, sweat, and tears. A piece of paper memorializing friendships made. A piece of paper that will, hopefully, grant me a job doing what I love.

Life will be different in a a year, in a few short months, even. Two of my best friends will be married this summer. Others will complete their degrees and move on to real life. I don't know what will happen in the future, but I'm excited. I'm excited AND nervous to see just what life holds. 

xo,
Katy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...