homeaboutphotosmy storystore

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Fair Weather

 photo IMG_8690_zps2f17a3ea.jpg  photo IMG_0370_zps24e65c60.jpg  photo IMG_4208_zps3eb445c1.jpg  photo IMG_1001_zpsed4b0acf.jpg  
  Okay, so I have a confession to make. Before last night, I'd never been to a real county fair. Sure, growing up we had the Tri-County Fair, but it consisted solely of livestock, a rodeo/tractor pull, and little old ladies selling quilts. There might have been a few rides, but I obviously wasn't allowed to ride them (hello shoddy upkeep.) So I was pumped to visit one of the best fairs in the entire nation: Wilson County Fair. It was so. much. fun. My friends and I were most concerned with finding the best fair food. We settled on polish sausage, corn dogs, funnel cakes, and fried oreos. We also drank more sarsparilla than I care to admit.

Some of our other friends made fun of us for spending most of our time in the poultry and bunny tent. But look at that rabbit. It was all I could do not to buy it.

Visiting the fair was the best possible way to say goodbye to summer! I move back into the dorm tomorrow. It's crazy that this might be my last year of college. ( I refuse to admit that I will probably not graduate on time.) Anyway, it's going to be a hectic week getting all the new freshmen and transfers settled in before we start school next week. It seems like just yesterday I was a terrified college freshman with the whole world at my feet. Crazy to think I'm now knocking on the door of real life.

xo,
Katy  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...